My little big man is growing up right before my eyes! I can't believe how much fun I have being his mom & hanging out with this little love all day. Don't get me wrong, my schedule is not my own, but it just takes a split second to think about what I was spending my time doing before he came to be so thankful he's my son & I get the privilege of being his mom!
Capturing a smile on camera is rare, he is NOT a posing child. Luckily he was in a laughing mood, mainly due to what we were doing below.
Now try not to focus in on both of our double chins (trust me it looks more mellow in b&w) & realize we were trying to get a picture together & he actually thought it was funny . . . hence the smiles!
So a few things I love about Troy & his personality at this stage!
- The rice cooker is his new favorite toy, not because moms using it mind you, just because it has a bowl-steamer-lid-& cooker that he can carry & mom won't tell him "no" when he plays with it.
- That he always runs to me . . . when he gets hurt or mad or just because, due to this fact I spend a lot more time on the floor just in case he wants to head my way, I love his hugs. I also realize that I won't always get to have him run to me when he gets upset for very long & so I cherish these moments.
- He will grab a book, back up into your lap & plop down. This doesn't vary even if you're in the middle of something, if he's ready to read obviously you must be too! :)
- His little waddle run . . . he's faster than he looks with those little legs!
- That his first consistent word is "cracker" sounds more like "cocker". Yes he does say mama & dada & dad & other fun things, but not quite as regularly as cracker (babble sentences frequent his speech as well)!
- That you have to work for his smile. He's a happy boy, but will look at you with a blank stare just a commonly as with a grin. He'll listen to you talk & see your "funny" attempts, but the smile only comes when he's ready & "feeling it", hence you know it's genuine. Luckily for me I can get him to laugh & enjoy it more often!
His "murse" he found the other day (aka daddy's shoe-shine kit), Mark was just loving how he was carrying it around like mom does her purse.
Luckily he switched off & it soon became his scripture case!
A common look when you want him to smile for the camera, at least he's fresh & clean & ready for bed!
A fun visit to the Chino Youth Museum with the little buddies! Yes he is a policeman with a carrot it his hand, plastic "snacks" that kept finding their way into his mouth . . . lovely!
Oh how I love this little guy!!